photo of Albert CollegeSir James Whitney School for the Deaf is the current name of the first permanent school for Deaf students in Ontario that was founded in 1870. All components of the school (academic, residential and recreational) embrace bilingual (American Sign Language and English) and multicultural, inclusive philosophies. The programs are designed to promote critical thinking, self-initiated life long learning and higher achievement. An atmosphere of mutual respect for the values of community and civic membership (Deaf and hearing worlds) enables students to learn to function in diverse environments.

 

Related Links:

Sir James Whitney